How To Care For Your Feet
3 steps for beautiful feet
1. SCRUB AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK
Apply to dry feet before having a bath or a shower. Scrub it in gently with your hands for a few minutes, then rinse off. You can either use a body scrub or a specifically designed foot scrub.
2. MOISTURISE DAILY
Podiatrists say the biggest problem with most feet is that they aren't hydrated enough. Use an intensive moisturiser after bathing and massage it in thoroughly. Use your thumbs to massage your arch in a circular motion. Then gently massage the top of your feet. Spend five to ten minutes on each foot.
3. TAKE CARE OF YOUR NAILS
Always keep your toenails trimmed and cut straight across. Cutting them after bathing is recommended, as they are softer. Apply cuticle oil to your toenails to keep them soft.
HERE IS HOW TO APPLY THE L'OCCITANE FOOT CREAM:
1. Massage it in with your fingers, beginning at your toes and working your way up to the top of your feet
2. Massage the soles of your feet in circular motions with both of your thumbs
3. Use your fingertips to massage in circular motions around your ankles and Achilles' tendon
4. Finish the massage by gently stroking your feet
HOW TO GET RID OF DRY CRACKED HEELS
Cracked heels are the result of extremely dry feet, and can easily be avoided by following these simple tips.
1. Before caring for your feet, make sure they are warm and moistened: soak them in a warm foot bath for 5 to 15 minutes. You can use bath salts for added relief.
2. Wet a pumice stone in warm soapy water, then rub it gently on the dried areas of the feet.
3. Pat your feet dry. Don't rub them, as the freshly pumiced skin can be sensitive.
4. Apply a rich moisturising cream on your feet. Massage it in to help release the tensions of the day and kick-start your beauty sleep.
EMERGENCY BEAUTY TIPS FOR LIGHTER FEELING FEET
1. Use correct posture. Stand tall and let your chest and head float upwards as if pulled up by a thin string.
2. After a long day, massage your feet and legs with essential oils.
3. Every so often, have a cold bath or shower to stimulate circulation in your limbs.
4. Eat foods rich in Vitamin E to protect all your cells and promote healthy circulation.
5. Perform a relaxing leg massage with massage oil to help relieve your tired legs.
HOW TO HAVE SHINY, HEALTHY, STRONG NAILS
1. Don't buff weak nails, instead increase blood flow in your nails by rubbing them together after you've oiled them.
2. Try not to use harsh, chemical nail-polish removers, instead massage organic oil into your nails every night, like almond or neem oil.
3. Just like hair and skin, your nails are nourished by protein. So eat lots of meat, fish, legumes or tofu. If you're a vegetarian, make sure you're getting enough iron, and consider taking a daily iron supplement.
4. Eat lots of foods rich in healthy oils such as salmon and mackerel, or nuts and seeds. Ground flaxseed is particularly good for your nails.